Location: Waterloo, IA
Type of Employment: Temporary
Lanehaven Farms is a progressive seed corn, commercial corn, soybean, and hog farm based in Northeast Iowa. The farm has been early adopters of leading edge technologies that improve the efficiency, quality, and overall effectiveness of processes. Core values characterize how the farm lives and operates business on a daily basis.
General Farm assistant for a variety of farm work including:
- Assist with operating feed mill and deliver feed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Assist with farm projects.
- Assist in keeping all farm facilities and yards clean and organized.
- Assist in keeping all vehicles and machines clean inside and out.
- Assist with field work
- Agriculture experience or background
- Previous experience operating farm equipment
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, organized and able to work without direct supervision
- Plans thoroughly and makes sound decisions
- Honest, trustworthy and passionate
- Effective communication skills
- Listens to others and builds relationships to foster teamwork
We offer competitive pay (based on experience and qualifications) and are located just 1.5 miles south of Hawkeye Community College.
We are looking for a person who will work full time during the summer through August 2019.