Location: Waterloo, Iowa
Type of Employment: Intern
We are hiring a Crop Scout & Farm Operations Intern for the summer of 2023. In this role, you’ll do field scouting, farm operations and work on special projects.
- Inspect fields and record the condition of growing crops along with some soil sampling.
- Identify and record growth stage, weed, insect and disease infestations and other pertinent information.
- Write reports for Agronomist, Farm Manager and customers.
Agronomic Problem Solving:
- Recommend nutrient and protection methods to address issues found during field scouting and soil sampling.
- Support summer crop farming operations as needed. This could include field operations or summer farm projects.
- The intern will also have the opportunity to learn more about a progressive operation with special projects that could include:
- Drone Crop Scouting Projects
- Precision Farming Projects
- Currently enrolled in an Ag related field
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be innovative and adapt to change.
- Excellent leadership, organization, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software