Location: Waterloo, Iowa
Type of Employment: Part-Time
Lanehaven Farms is a progressive seed corn, commercial corn, soybean, and hog farm based in Northeast Iowa. The farm has been early adopters of leading edge technologies that improve the efficiency, quality, and overall effectiveness of processes. Core values characterize how the farm lives and operates business.
We are hiring a Crop Scout & Farm Operations Intern for the summer of 2019. In this role, you’ll do field scouting, farm operations and work on special projects..
- Inspect fields and record the condition of growing crops along with some soil sampling.
- Identify and record growth stage, weed, insect and disease infestations and other pertinent information.
- Write reports for Agronomist, Farm Manager and customers.
Agronomic Problem Solving:
- Recommend nutrient and protection methods to address issues found during field scouting and soil sampling.
- Support summer crop farming operations as needed. This could include field operations or summer farm projects.
- The intern will also have the opportunity to learn more about a progressive operation with special projects that could include:
- Drone Crop Scouting Projects
- Precision Farming Projects
- Currently enrolled in Agronomy
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be innovative and adapt to change.
- Excellent leadership, organization, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
We offer a competitive hourly salary based on experience. If you want to work with a growing and dynamic organization, please submit your resume.