Type of Employment: Part Time
Operate Finishing Unit:
- Power wash and disinfect buildings when emptied.
- Run feed lines and adjust feeders and waters when necessary.
- Maintain proper pen environment.
- Observe and treat pigs accordingly.
- Monitor pits and run scraper weekly.
- Dispose of dead pigs and euthanize pigs when necessary.
- Perform maintenance on the facilities, equipment, and ventilation systems to the best of your abilities.
- Maintain accurate inventory sheets at all sites.
- Be responsible for maintaining a high level of biosecurity between all buildings and sites.
- Monitor and maintain compost pile.
- Assist in other areas as needed.
- Agriculture experience or previous swine experience preferred
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, organized and able to work without direct supervision
- Plans thoroughly and makes sound decisions
- Honest, trustworthy and passionate
- Effective communication skills
- Listens to others and builds relationships to foster teamwork
We offer competitive pay (based on experience and qualifications) and are located just 1.5 miles south of Hawkeye Community College.
We are looking for a person who will work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summers.