Location: Waterloo, Iowa
Type of Employment: Part-Time
Porkhaven Farms is a hog farm based in Northeast Iowa looking for a finishing assistant to assist with chores for four to five hours on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Operate Finishing Unit:
- Power wash and disinfect buildings when emptied.
- Run feed lines and adjust feeders and waters when necessary.
- Maintain proper pen environment.
- Observe and treat pigs accordingly.
- Dispose of dead pigs and euthanize pigs when necessary.
- Perform maintenance on the facilities, equipment, and ventilation systems to the best of your abilities.
- Maintain accurate inventory sheets and production records at all sites.
- Be responsible for maintaining a high level of biosecurity between all buildings and sites.
- Monitor and maintain compost pile.
- Assist in other areas as needed.
- Agriculture experience or previous swine experience preferred
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, organized and able to work without direct supervision
- Plans thoroughly and makes sound decisions
- Honest, trustworthy and passionate
- Effective communication skills
- Listens to others and builds relationships to foster teamwork
We offer competitive pay (based on experience and qualifications) and are located just 1.5 miles south of Hawkeye Community College.