Location: Waterloo, Iowa
Type of Employment: Part-Time or Internship
We are hiring an GIS/Information Technology Specialist – PT/Intern. In this role, you’ll assist with the management of the farm technology, improve processes, and promote a teamwork culture to ensure we meet our targets.
- Assist with the management and coordination of information technology infrastructure across all locations including data, wireless communications, mobile technology, security, networking, and hardware and software.
- Assist with the management of suppliers and managed service provider relationships that supply hardware, software, maintenance and support for information systems.
- Assist with the design, development and implementation of IT systems, policies and procedures.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions.
- Provide excellent internal customer service by responding in an expedient manner to Information Technology related concerns and/or issues, analyzing problems and using judgment in applying solutions.
- Precision agriculture:
- Assist with collection, processing, analysis and archival of precision agricultural data (including maps, boundaries, and VRT).
- Assist with field tile system design and installation.
- Equipment and technology operations:
- Assist with facility and equipment preparedness for fieldwork seasons to maximize productivity.
- Assist with drone technology and operations
- Ensure everything has a place and everything is in its place (disciplined and organized) in 5S ownership areas.
- Perform fieldwork and other general farm work, if interested and qualified.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in GIS, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or similar field. Equivalent certifications will be considered.
- Knowledge of technical management, information analysis and computer hardware/software systems.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be innovative and adapt to change.
- Excellent leadership, organization, accuracy, and attention to detail.
We offer a competitive hourly salary based on experience.