Location: Waterloo, Iowa
Type of Employment: Full-Time
AgStaff is a progressive seed corn, commercial corn, soybean, and hog farm based in Northeast Iowa. The farm has been early adopters of leading-edge technologies that improve the efficiency, quality, and overall effectiveness of processes. Core values characterize how the farm lives and conducts business daily.
- Maintain and adhere to a preventive maintenance schedule for all vehicles and machines.
- Be responsible for keeping all vehicles and machines clean inside and out.
- Perform routine vehicle inspections and ensure compliance with all DOT regulations.
- Rigorously and thoroughly prepare all equipment for future seasonal work to minimize in-season repairs.
- Assist with management of precision farming technology deployment and data capture management.
- Maintain safety features on all portable equipment and the shop, including warning labels, slow-moving vehicle signs, PTO shields, gravity stops, etc. and help eliminate farm hazards as they are discovered or reported.
ORGANIZATION & MANAGEMENT
- Work with Operations Manager to keep the shop schedule and farm schedule on target.
- Maintain equipment files, including records of all performance of maintenance and repairs for each piece of equipment.
- Keep thorough records of time allocation by job and submit them regularly to the office for billing.
- Provide all receipts to the office with appropriate enterprise coding daily.
- Keep the shop and parts room clean and organized.
- Perform fieldwork and other general farm work, as necessary.
- Operate feed mill, when needed, to minimize downtime.
- Assist the off-loading of supplier deliveries.
- Be safe, and consider the safety of others.
- Obtain a Class A CDL.
- Obtain and annually renew pesticide applicators certification.
- Own tools not required.
- 2-year degree preferably in Ag-Power or Diesel Truck Technology
- Valid drivers license and no SR-22 insurance
- Previous experience operating farm equipment, preferably including a Class A CDL
- Previous experience working on diesel trucks
- Attentive to detail, self-motivated, organized and able to work without direct supervision
- Plans thoroughly and makes sound decisions
- Honest, trustworthy, and passionate
- Effective communications and writing skills
- Listens to others and builds relationships to foster teamwork.
- Thirst for knowledge!
We offer a competitive hourly wage based on experience and qualifications, group health, dental and vision insurance, flex system cafeteria plan, 401k retirement plan, and life insurance.
If you want to work with a growing and dynamic organization, please apply online.